Information Gathering, Dissemination and Use
The following discloses our information gathering, dissemination and processing practices for this website www.apac.org.uk
The site also contains links to other external web sites. APAC Ltd is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Web sites.
1. Names, addresses and contact details of local groups, individuals and organisations are collected by means of:
- The on-site data collection forms or
- By the persons concerned writing in or sending an e-mail with the relevant information. Phoned-in information is also used on occasion.
2. The site runs an opt-in mailing list to keep visitors informed of the latest training news. Joining the list and supplying contact information is done solely at the origination of the user or by invitation, never without permission. The site also runs an information service for prospective and existing students of APAC You have a choice of whether or not to receive information from us. If you don't want to be contacted in the future, please tick the opt-out boxes provided and don't give us your email address on any forms.
3. Names, addresses and contact details are NEVER sold, distributed or passed on to third parties for financial profit by APAC for any reason whatsoever. Please note, however, there is nothing to stop a third party from copying publicly displayed information off the site for their own use although if published this would breach our copyright.
4. The information that we gather is only used for:
- Servicing your interest in play therapy and therapeutic play training and any other requests that you may make
- Conducting marketing research
This site does not operate discussion forums, chat rooms or message boards at present.
This site has the usual Service Provider security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information on the site.
To the best of our knowledge we will NOT collect or post online or offline contact information from children. Information will only be used to respond directly to the child's request and will not be used for other purposes.
APAC tries to keep your personal data up to date and accurate. Please take great care when entering your email address since this a major source of error. We will amend or delete inaccurate data as soon as reasonably practical after a request from you to do so. Please keep us up to date with any changes of email or postal address.
Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you may request details of personal information that APAC holds about you. A small fee will be payable. This fee, presently, does not exceed £10.
We also collect information automatically about your visit to our web site. This data helps us to audit usage of our web site and improve the service provided. for you. It is not released outside of APAC for any other purpose.
Write to the following postal address about matters concerning privacy:
The APAC Web Master
The Coach House
or email: email@example.com