APAC runs 1, 2 and 3 day introductory courses in Play Therapy which are open to any mature adult. These courses are also run in-house for schools, agencies, social services and other organisations concerned with children’s welfare. These courses are designed for anyone interested in using Play Therapy or developing their skills in working with children. Also for those wishing to make a career decision.
The 1-day course is an ideal introduction to Play Therapy, for individuals, to the interventions and media used in therapeutic play together with our experiential based training methods. We also cover career opportunities and development. It enables you to decide whether you will take to Play Therapy work and would benefit from our experiential training methods. Time is set aside for personal interviews, if required by you, to discuss any personal issues related to Play Therapy training.
The 2 and 3-day courses are ideal as INSET days for primary schools, or CPD training for counselling or social services agencies. Participants will gain skills that they may incorporate in their existing work with children and young persons aged 3 – 14. They will assist organisations to develop an integrated strategy and frame objectives for delivering therapeutic services for children, young persons and families.
APAC also designs and delivers 3 day therapeutic play courses to help those working with children who have special problems such as physical disabilities or provide specialist services such as respite care.
Tell us your needs!
The courses introduce mainly non-directive play techniques based upon the humanistic model of Carl Rogers and the work of Virginia Axline, Rachel Pinney and Violet Oaklander. Participants will experience non-directive Play Therapy for themselves through sandplay and a dip into the main skills (art, music, movement and storytelling ). We will also cover employment opportunities and training requirements for working therapeutically with children. A natural progression is to the Certificate in Therapeutic Play Skills course.
East of England
- The Cambridge BelfryLBU, Back Ln, Cambourne, Cambridge CB23 6BW
South East England
- Salomons EstateLBU, Broomhill Road, Tunbridge Wells, Kent TN3 0TG
- Ditton ManorLBU, Ditton Park Manor, Royal Berkshire, Slough SL3 7JB
- etc.venues VictoriaLBU, 1 Drummond Gate, Pimlico, London SW1V 2QQ
- Moor Hall HotelLBU, Moor Hall Hotel, Moor Hall Drive, Four Oaks, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands B75 6LN
West of England & Wales
- Engineers HouseLBU, The Promenade, Clifton Down, Bristol, BS8 3NB
North of England
- The Pinewood Hotel on WilmslowLBU, Wilmslow Rd, Handforth, Wilmslow, Manchester, SK9 3LF
- The Northern College at Wentworth CastleLBU, Barnsley, S75 3ET
- Brook Mollington Banastre HotelLBU, Parkgate Road, Chester CH1 6NN
- Slaley Hall, Coal Rd, Hexham NE47 0BX
- Hilton Edinburgh CarltonLBU, 19 North Bridge, Edinburgh EH1 1SD
- Golden Jubilee Conference HotelLBU, Beardmore Street, Glasgow, G81 4SA
- Crowne Plaza Belfast, 117 Milltown Rd, Belfast BT8 7XP
- The Clayton Hotel Silver SpringsNUI, Tivoli, Cork T23 E244 Ireland
- Talbot Hotel StillorganNUI, Stillorgan Road, Co Dublin A94 V6K5 Ireland
For Garda vetting please contact email@example.com
- La MoulineLBU, St Genest de Contest, Tarn, France
And other locations upon request.
- UK Courses = £130
- Irish Courses = €190